We treat adults and adolescents of all genders, skin types and tones, and lifestyles.
Sometimes known as the lunch-time peel, microdermabrasion is a safe, natural way to gently and effectively exfoliate the skin. The procedure is most commonly used on the face, but it can also be applied to many other areas of the body.
Microdermabrasion requires no down time!
Because microdermabrasion does not use chemicals or lasers, it is one of the most frequently requested noninvasive cosmetic procedures for adults and adolescents of any skin type/tone.
Microdermabrasion was developed in Europe more than 20 years ago to remove dead cells that collect on the top layers of skin. The process allows fresh, new skin cells to surface for a youthful, glowing, radiant result.
Young skin tends to naturally exfoliate more rapidly (an average 10 to 20 days) than older skin. Exfoliation that comes with young skin can promote continuous production of new, plump, healthy skin cells that result in a natural glow. As we age, however, poor nutrition, sun and other environmental damage, and even some cosmetics can inhibit the natural exfoliation process. When the skin does not naturally slough dead skin cells away, they accumulate on the surface of the skin and make it appear dull and tired.
Our microdermabrasion megapeel process uses diamond-tipped heads that gently and safely remove dead cells from the surface layers of the skin to reveal the fresh, new skin cells below.
With the advanced technology of our exceptional megapeel, we can help renew your skin for a gorgeous, youthful glow!
Our microdermabrasion megapeel vacuum pressure can be adjusted to deliver the customized microdermabrasion treatment that is right for your skin type, specific needs, and skin care goals.
Unlike some other chemical peel processes, microdermabrasion is ideal for all skin types / tones to improve:
- Dull, dry, rough skin
for a radiant, more youthful complexion
- Acne prone, oily skin
and clogged pores
- Sun damaged
and discolored (hyperpigmented) areas
- Mild-to-moderate acne scarring
- Fine lines and moderate wrinkles
Even after only one treatment with microdermabrasion treatment, most people notice considerable improvement in the smoothness and radiance of the skin.
Microdermabrasion can help improve the look and feel of all skin types and tones.
Microdermabrasion programs are tailored to each client’s unique needs and can include routine skin care to improve skin tone, skin texture, and reduce pore size. With continued treatment, microdermabrasion clients can enjoy a youthful, smooth, healthy, and radiant complexion!
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a gentle, safe, non-invasive exfoliation of the skin using a diamond-tipped instrument on the outer layer of the skin (epidermis). Generally used on the face and neck, but appropriate on almost any area of the body.
What’s the difference between Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion?
Dermabrasion is a more aggressive procedure, performed by a physician only, which removes the epidermis to the dermal layer to treat deep scars and wrinkles. This results in bleeding and a much longer recovery time. In contrast, Microdermabrasion removes the outer most portion of the epidermis only, where the dead, dull and flaking cells have accumulated. The results are immediate -smooth, radiant skin with improved texture and tone, no bleeding or long recovery time.
What are the long-term benefits of Microdermabrasion?
Beside from the immediate smooth and radiant skin, subsequent Microdermabrasion treatments result in the reduction of enlarged pores & blackheads, fine lines & wrinkles, mild to moderate post-acne scars, hyperpigmentation/ age spots, sun damage and stretch marks. The long-term benefits of repeated treatments are a more youthful appearance of the skin due to increase in collagen production, resulting in the restored firmness and smoothness of the skin.
Am I a candidate for microdermabrasion?
Yes! Microdermabrasion is suitable for all skin types. If you want to improve the appearance of your skin and reverse the signs of aging, microdermabrasion is perfect for you!
What can I expect from a microdermabrasion treatment?
- On your first Microdermabrasion session, an evaluation of your facial skin is done with SkinScope – a scanner used to observe skin damage at lower levels of the skin. Dehydrated, oily, hyper pigmented skin among other issues can be identified and recommendations made for an appropriate at-home skin routine. SkinCeuticals is our product line of choice because of its record of positive results and long term improvement and protection of the skin.
- In most cases, you can see and feel visible improvement in less than an hour. The skin is soft to the touch and has a healthy glow.
- Adjustments to the level of suction are made to allow for an effective yet comfortable treatment without over-treating the skin.
- Follow-up treatments are advised because of the natural process of cellular growth and change-over, thus periodic treatments are recommended for maximum and lasting improvement.
Will I experience discomfort or side effects?
Most microdermabrasion clients suggest they experience the gentle tingling and invigoration of mild exfoliation. As treatments continue, the microdermabrasion sensation compares with a deep massage.
Some clients experience temporary, mild redness for a half hour to a day, depending on the level of treatment.
To enhance your comfort and minimize temporary redness and swelling before your appointment:
- Stop using products that contain salicylic acid which are usually found in cleansers and acne control products.
- Stop using Retin-A, Renova, Differin, etc., and certain Glycolic acid products.
- Do not sunbathe, use tanning beds, waxing, or have chemical peels for 2 weeks before treatment.
- No cosmetic injections (Botox or fillers, etc.) for less than 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Consult with a physician after any cosmetic surgery about the waiting period needed to resume any microdermabrasion treatment.
To enhance your comfort and minimize temporary redness or swelling after (24 to 48 hours as needed) treatment, you should:
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 1 week post treatment.
- Apply a zinc/ titanium-based sunblock daily.
- Apply a soothing, hydrating serum or gel 2 -3 x daily.
- Avoid applying Retin-A, etc. and certain Glycolic acid products for 1 week.
We are here for you… If you have questions after your treatment, call us at 973.538.0366
Our Microdermabrasion Rates
Your first microdermabrasion will include an evaluation of your skin and discussion about your goals.
Microdermabrasion with Skin Care Expert Dorothy Moreno, BSN, RN, LE, CPE
1st session - 75 minutes $150
Includes skin care consultation
Regular session $125